[c-nsp] network design question

Roland Dobbins rdobbins at cisco.com
Wed Sep 6 15:32:18 EDT 2006

On Sep 6, 2006, at 12:27 PM, David Coulson wrote:

> Simple option is to bridge the two NICs that connect to the different
> switches and let Spanning Tree do all the hard work for you.

YMMV, but bridging the NICs this way complicates the troubleshooting
matrix for the switch mesh, IMHO.  My recommendation would be to use
NIC failover or a shell-script with a cron job, as someone else
mentioned.

-----
Roland Dobbins <rdobbins at cisco.com> // 408.527.6376 voice

One of the main causes of the fall of the Roman Empire was that,
lacking zero,
they had no way to indicate successful termination of their C programs.

            	         -- Robert Firth