[c-nsp] network design question

Michael Nicks mtnicks at kanren.net
Thu Sep 7 09:55:07 EDT 2006

Kind of off-topic, but for what it's worth, I've used the same setup
when anycasting DNS service. However I found that the main fault
resulting in service outages usually was not the data-link or network
layer (either which would have caused a fail-over w/ ospf/bgp), however
it was the application itself.

That being said, if you opt for something like that, make sure you take
a look at using a "watcher" script locally that checks the health of the
service, and if the service check is negative, kill ospf/bgp.

Best Regards,
-Michael

--
Michael Nicks