[c-nsp] Question on HSRT and MST protocol

Juan Angel Menendez juan at mecon.gov.ar
Thu Sep 7 10:57:38 EDT 2006

         Each HSRP group will use a different "Virtual MAC address'".
So if you're using different physical interfaces or VLANs in a
switched environment you can reuse the HSRP group numbers. This is
useful when you reach the max HSRP group limitation (which varies on
each platform).

         Within the same interface or VLAN, you have to use different
HSRP groups for each Virtual IP address.

         Ie:

         Hostname Ra:

         interface xxx 1/1
         standby 1 ip 10.10.10.1