[c-nsp] Traffic shaping dependent on destination IP

Lachlan Andrew lachlan.andrew at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 21:08:05 EDT 2006

Greetings all,

I've got a couple of 7609s with OSM-1OC48-POS-SS+ line cards to
experiment on.  I want different traffic shapers on POS1/1 depending
on the destination IP address.

The configuration snippet

ip access-list extended 100
  permit ip any 10.21.0.0  0.0.255.255
class-map ToBA
  match access-group 100
policy-map WiL
  class ToBA
    queue-limit 8192
    shape average 1000000000
  class class-default
    queue-limit 8192
    shape average 1000000000
interface POS1/1
  service-policy output WiL

Gives the errors
    %SHAPE command with "match access-group" class not supported on POS1/1
and
    queue-limit not allowed without bandwidth, shape or priority command

My questions are:
1) Is there any other way to perform destination-dependent traffic
shaping on a 7609?
2) Is there a way (other than trial and error) to know what
combinations of settings are supported on a given router?  The Cisco
documentation is huge, and I'm not sure what keywords to search for.

Thanks in advance,
Lachlan

--
Lachlan Andrew  Dept of Computer Science, Caltech
1200 E California Blvd, Mail Code 256-80, Pasadena CA 91125, USA