[c-nsp] Cisco - TCL script document

Ed Ravin eravin at panix.com
Fri Sep 8 13:28:08 EDT 2006

On Fri, Sep 08, 2006 at 08:49:29AM -0400, Rodney Dunn wrote:
> And it gets much more powerful when you evaluate it in conjunction
> with EEM.
>
> It's amazing the corner case workaround and detection scnearios
> I see it being used for nowadays.
>
> ie: when a link comes up trigger a script to wait X seconds and check
>     to see if it's a Cisco IP phone, if it is apply a specific QOS policy.

Ooh, but I need examples...  How about this one:

I need a script to work around a nasty bug in IOS - the script should
wake up every minute (I think that can be done with "kron"), test something
(either object tracking, a couple of pings, or check the status of a
couple of interfaces, or maybe look for the presence of a couple of
routes), and execute an IOS command ("like clear interface fastethernet0")
if the test result is negative.

If someone familiar with TCL scripting on IOS could post a skeleton to
get me started, I would be very grateful.

	-- Ed