[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Steven Wilton steven.wilton at team.eftel.com.au
Sun Sep 10 21:46:15 EDT 2006

I've seen some posts on this list regarding getting wccpv2 working with a cisco 7600 using L2 redirect assignment.  I'm trying to get this working under squid, and I believe I've got it correct according to the draft wccp2 RFC that was published around 2000/2001.  My problem is that the cisco router reports the following error while the WCCP negotiation is ocurring:

3d21h: WCCP-EVNT:wccp_validate_wc_assignments: no mask data, exit

The problem is that this is in response to a HERE_I_AM packet.

Has anyone got a working wccp2 implementation that negotiates L2 redirects and mask assignments that I can use as a reference for squid?  The other option for me would be to get a packet dump of the wccp2 negotiation packets so I can look at what parts of the packet I'm missing.

Regards

Steven Wilton