[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Mon Sep 11 14:12:00 EDT 2006

What's the best real world performance seen on a 7600/6500 with WCCP ? We
moved away from 6500+Sup2+WCCP when we hit TCAM issues.

We've maxed out a 7200-G1 with about 500 Mb/s of traffic delivered to
clients - That's a 3 legged config. Clients / Caches / Internet.

We're currently looking at using the ACE to deliver 2.5Gb/s+ of cached
traffic.

We'd be using other ACE features aswell so its no purely for the
redirect...but WCCP might save us a bigger throughput licence on the ACE ;-)

Dean