[c-nsp] Cat switches - 'last used time' port detail

lee.e.rian at census.gov lee.e.rian at census.gov
Mon Sep 11 14:34:52 EDT 2006

Can you really get the 'last time used' for ports on a switch via SNMP?  As
far as I know, the best you can do is something like

  sh int | inc prot|Last input

and look for "Last input never" or maybe

  sh int | inc prot|packets input

and look for ports with zero packets input (and hope nobody has cleared the
counters lately :-)

Regards,
Lee