[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Dean Smith dean at eatworms.org.uk
Mon Sep 11 15:27:20 EDT 2006

When we had TCAM issues...It would have been L2 Redirect + NetApp caches.
The TCAM was an ACL merge thing - we had outbound ACLs and the redirect
(controlled by ACL) on the same interface. A minor change to an ACL kicked
it all to the MSFC and things got very slow, very quickly. It was a while
back now - and the quickest if not the cheapest - solution was simply to
split the functionality. Hence the WCCP is now on 7200+G1.

We use an ACL to determine some sites/clients that aren't cached. We try to
keep it to a minimum but its easier to let some clients bypass the cache
than spend 2 weeks persuading them that issues accessing www.acme.com are
non-cache related.

This is the current "sh ip wccp web-cache detail" (one of 6 caches). - which
I presume to mean we're Hashed not Masked ?. IOS is 12.3(3). I don't think
we've had to change IOS since deployment on those boxes. I see the command
ref for 12.4 now also shows the process/fast/CEF switched counts.

#sh ip wccp web-cache detail

WCCP Cache-Engine information:
        Web Cache ID:          x.x.x.x
        Protocol Version:      2.0
        State:                 Usable
        Initial Hash Info:     00000000000000000000000000000000
                               00000000000000000000000000000000
        Assigned Hash Info:    00000000000000000000000000000000
                               00000000000000000000000003FFFFFF
        Hash Allotment:        26 (10.15%)
        Packets Redirected:    3861396156
        Connect Time:          7w0d