[c-nsp] PIX 535 capabilites

Elijah Savage esavage at digitalrage.org
Mon Sep 11 20:51:59 EDT 2006

Please make sure you understand these numbers and the methodology that Cisco
used to obtain them. Meaning these are in an environment where the average
packets size is 1500bytes in size. If you have an environment where your
applications are not taking advantage of that then it can be a lot less, I
mean a lot less. But this is no difference than any other firewall
manufacturer. I have seen telnet traffic and web traffic along with ftp
between a dmz interface and lan interface bring a 535 to it's knees and the
data came no where close to 1.7gig.