[c-nsp] Rate-limiting ARPs

Ed Butler ed.butler at rapidswitch.com
Wed Sep 13 07:15:56 EDT 2006

We cannot be sure about it, but I can't think of an alternative
explanation.

What we know is that traffic was directed at a specific IP address. When
the server on this IP address crashed, traffic started to affect the
whole subnet. It must have been broadcast traffic because each server
was receiving 100mbit of traffic, and the sum of this was less than the
total incoming DDOS traffic.

Regards,

Ed Butler
RapidSwitch Ltd
DDI: 020 7106 0731

RapidSwitch Ltd, 5th Floor, Sovereign House, 227 Marsh Wall, London, E14
9SD

This email message is intended only for the addressee(s) and contains
information that may be confidential and/or copyright.  If you are not
the intended recipient please notify the sender by reply email and
immediately delete this email. Use, disclosure or reproduction of this
email by anyone other than the intended recipient(s) is strictly
prohibited. No representation is made that this email or any attachments
are free of viruses. Virus scanning is recommended and is the
responsibility of the recipient.