[c-nsp] VPLS vs H-VPLS

ARGCRP-LYNCH, TOMAS t.lynch at impsat.com
Wed Sep 13 09:37:56 EDT 2006

Annu,

The advantages I see on HVPLS are related to the administrative side of VPLS. With HVPLS, as far as I understand, you reduce the number of "tunnels" between peers. This advantage is reflected only when you have the same LANs behind the same HVPLS routers. If your network topology does not need this (i.e. not the same customers behind these same routers) you don´t need HVPLS.

Either way, I am a rookie on VPLS so maybe I am wrong, I hope somebody else can help us here.

>   Thanks for your help in advance.
>
>   Annu

Tomas Lynch