[c-nsp] Router recommendation

Rick Kunkel kunkel at w-link.net
Thu Sep 14 01:06:51 EDT 2006

I've had (on and off-list) recommendations for the NPE-G2.  I also forgot
to specify what NPE I have now.  I have the NPE-G1 now, and we had
considered staying with it, but I thought I remember seeing somewhere on
this list (with a link to a site published by Cisco that listed various
routers and their theoretical packet or bit limits) something that
indicated to me that the NPE-G1 wasn't gonna cut it.  It was a while ago
though, and I may have misread it.  Perhaps I mistook packets per second
for bits per second.

Is the NPE-G1 possibly good enough for what I'll be throwing at it?  If
not, is the NPE-G2 a substantial step up?  Also, is it possible for me to
simply purchase a NPE-G2 and swap it with the NPE-G1 that I already have
in my 7206VXR chassis?

Thanks!

Rick