[c-nsp] Showing alternate BGP paths

Karol Mares KMares at soitron.com
Thu Sep 14 04:43:08 EDT 2006

Hi Oli,

I thought , that the new feature bgp dmzlink-bw, is used for this
purpose.
As i can see, both load-balanced routes are propagate through the
IBGP/EBGP path.

lab# show ip bgp 10.1.1.0
BGP routing table entry for 10.1.1.0/24, version 48
Paths: (2 available, best #2)
Multipath: eBGP
  Advertised to update-groups:
     1          2
  200
    172.16.1.1 from 172.16.1.2 (10.1.1.1)
      Origin incomplete, metric 0, localpref 110, valid, external,
multipath, best
      Extended Community: 0x0:0:0
      DMZ-Link Bw 512 kbytes
  200
    172.16.2.2 from 172.16.2.2 (10.1.1.1)
      Origin incomplete, metric 0, localpref 110, valid, external,
multipath, best
      Extended Community: 0x0:0:0
      DMZ-Link Bw 625 kbytes

The output shows that a route for each exit link on lab router  to
autonomous system 200 has been installed as a best path i
n the BGP routing table.

                   iso