[c-nsp] Fwd: Load Balancing two different ISP's

chip chip.gwyn at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 20:25:51 EDT 2006

On 9/14/06, Paul Stewart <pstewart at nexicomgroup.net> wrote:
> If a customer has a 1800 series router for example with two "outside"
> ethernet ports.... And two completely different ISP's on those ports -
> what's the best way to load balance traffic for redundancy and load
> sharing purposes??
>
> We'll presume that the customer is running NAT of course....
>
> Thanks,
>
> Paul

Outgoing, from the 1800, 2 static routes should do the trick.  Just
make sure that they include the interface.
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fe1/0 isp1.nexthop.ip
ip route 0.0.0.0 0.0.0.0 fe2/0 isp2.nexthop.ip

Incoming...well that's gonna be a little different and going to be
tough to get evened out if even possible.

--chip

--
Just my $.02, your mileage may vary,  batteries not included, etc....