[c-nsp] Load Balancing two different ISP's

Frances Albemuth frances.cincinattus at gmail.com
Thu Sep 14 22:04:44 EDT 2006

  With a box that size, my best suggestion would be to peer with your
upstreams (so you have control of your announcements), but don't take
a full table (or perhaps even a default announcement) from your
upstreams.  Instead, apply the round-robin method described by Chip;
this will give you rough outbound load-balancing (per-packet load
balancing doesn't address the size of the packets, so not perfect).
You'll never achieve flawless load balancing on inbound traffic
either, but between prepending and (if you're lucky) community-based
controls of the routing policies your upstreams apply to the routes
you announce to them, you should do alright.

  -FC