[c-nsp] Small PE L3 Switches ?

David J. Hughes bambi at Hughes.com.au
Fri Sep 15 17:24:50 EDT 2006

On 16/09/2006, at 6:46 AM, Liviu Pislaru wrote:

> HI.
> You're right, 3400's "knows" vrf light only, not MPLS.
> If you need Gig-E access port try Cisco ME-6524 (pizza box).
>  ME-C6524GS-8S (24 x gigabit SFP + 8 x gigabit SFP - ES)
>  ME-C6524GT-8S (24 x 10/100/1000 + 8 x gigabit SFP - ES)

Thanks, but they are DC only at this point in time (and we need AC
power).  From what I've been able to gather there's very little
chance that these will become a "normal" Cisco product and be
released in both AC and DC models.

This is exactly my point.  There are all these products that are
"almost" useful for this purpose.  But nothing from Cisco actually
has all the features at this price point.  Think I'll need to look
further afield.

David