[c-nsp] Fwd: Load Balancing two different ISP's

Tim Franklin tim at colt.net
Tue Sep 19 05:13:32 EDT 2006

> > Obviously you need to be more selective of your ISPs.
>
>  Or, depending on the case, you may need to pony up for a business
> class service offering from your existing ISP.  Sometimes there are
> caveats involved with saving a couple of bucks by choosing the
> residential offering.

Sometimes customers want to do "crazy" things.  Sometimes the business
reality is that you have to help customers make "crazy" things work.

I think everyone on the list knows the "right" way to do it is with BGP to
both upstreams, but that doesn't mean it isn't occasionally useful to know
what other hacks you have in the toolbox.

Regards,
Tim.

____________   Tim Franklin                 e: tim at colt.net
\C/\O/\L/\T/   Network Development &        w: www.colt.net
 V  V  V  V    Product Engineering          t: +44 20 7863 5714
Data | Voice | Managed Services             f: +44 20 7863 5876