[c-nsp] Control-Plane CEF-exception subinterface

Saku Ytti saku+cisco-nsp at ytti.fi
Tue Sep 19 11:57:13 EDT 2006

On (2006-09-19 11:45 -0400), German Martinez wrote:

> What do you mean with software switched? If there is no forwarding table on the LC, I guess the MSFC should be
> question about switching decisions.  Am I right?

Just not having forwarding-table does not imply software switching, eg.
if you're running CFC. But eg. filling DFC3B with more routes than
it can handle, will make you software switch, and yes, that means
switching by MSFC.

> Interesting.  In my case, once we disabled the COPP the router started properly switching the packets.

Yes, but you already were switching in software, that is in MSFC, with
sub-par performance. If you can live with that performance, I'm afraid
you've bought wrong tool for the job. NPE-Gx would probably been better
choice.
If transit packets were hitting CoPP, without software switching, then
something was broken and I suggest opening TAC case.

Thanks,
--
  ++ytti