[c-nsp] RSP16 drop-in for RSP4?

Bill Wichers billw at waveform.net
Tue Sep 19 18:55:00 EDT 2006

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2006 at 03:13:34PM -0500, Pete Templin wrote:
>> We're looking at deploying some RSP16s to replace RSP4s that are running
>> low on RAM (obviously).  We're running 12.0(27)S5 on all of our RSP4s.
>> Is the RSP16 a drop-in replacement for the RSP4s, or are there any
>> feature, IOS, or other limitations we should plan for?

Just a slightly related question: about how many feeds are you able to
squeeze into an RSP4 w/ 256MB? Right now I have 1 full view and a partial
(filtered from another of our routers) view on one router and run around
182MB (setup is PEER1 -- core1 -- core2 -- PEER2). We're planning on
adding another peer to one of the routers
(setup would then be PEER1 -- core1 -- core2 -- PEER2
                                         |-- PEER3 )

Think that would fit in the 256MB on the core2 router? We're trying to buy
some time until the coming year when all of our 7500 series (except one
doing T1 aggregation) will be replacted with 12000 series gear and some
6500's.

     -Bill