[c-nsp] IGMP on 6500s - %MCAST-xx-GC_LIMIT_EXCEEDED

Tim Stevenson tstevens at cisco.com
Wed Sep 20 10:37:01 EDT 2006

Phil - as Sukumar points out, this definitely refers to the standby.
This is the bug I had in mind, hence my questions. There is not yet a
s/w release with the fix available. In steady state, this should not
cause issues w/forwarding traffic - there is the possibility on
switchover however that new group MACs would not be able to be
installed until some of the old source-only entries are aged out on
the (new) active sup.

Thanks,
Tim

At 07:53 PM 9/19/2006 +0100, Phil Mayers mumbled:

Tim Stevenson, tstevens at cisco.com
Routing & Switching CCIE #5561
Technical Marketing Engineer, Catalyst 6500
Cisco Systems, http://www.cisco.com
IP Phone: 408-526-6759