[c-nsp] WCCPv2 Cisco 7600 + mask assignment problems

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Wed Sep 20 17:52:54 EDT 2006

>> PS: Do you know how this works on the 4500 platform?

> as far as I am aware, cat4500 doesn't support WCCP except in
> software. although I may be 100% wrong on this one.

Well at least the config guide for WCCP on the C4K says that the
switches provide hardware acceleration for directly connected
Content Engines, and goes on to say that you must configure the
caches to do load balancing based on the mask assignment table.

That, of cause, could just be a cut-and-paste error from the C6K
docs ;-)

-A