[c-nsp] STP (pvst+/rapid pvst+) configuration between Cisco and Riverstone 3100

Alexander Serkin als at cell.ru
Thu Sep 21 07:58:29 EDT 2006

Hi,
Could anybody point me to proper configuration between Cisco (3750) and
Riverstone 3100 switch?
I'm interested in compatible stp configs between pvst+/rapid-pvst+ on
3750 and stp/rapid-stp on Riverstone if it's possible.
Currently we have two dot1.q trunks connecting 3750 with rs3100. There
is rapid pvst on catalyst and rapid stp configured on rs3100.
One of this two ports goes to forwarding state and another to blocking
on cat3750.
If i disconnect forwarding interface, nothing happens with stp - another
port remains in blocking state.
At the same time rs3100 considers itself as a root bridge for two vlans
living on trunk, and cat3750 tells it's root too :-).

--
Sincerely Yours,
Alexander