[c-nsp] Sudden Loss...

Tue Sep 26 19:32:57 EDT 2006

When originally setting things up i have the 3750 as a VTP server and a few
2950G's as vtp clients, i quickly found out that this was a problem because
of max STP instances.  Recently i just set all the 2950's to VTP transparent
but now on one switch i have a weird problem that I'm not sure if was caused
by this change over.   I'm hoping that somebody can help point me in the
right direction as to what might be happening.

I have 1 Server and 1 IP KVM unit out of the other 30 ish servers on this
switch that just randomly loose there connection.  The link is up, protocol
is up.  I cant ping the server ip and the 3750 cant ping it either.  A 'sh
arp' on the 3750 also shows a arp entry.  The only way to bring the server
back up is to either clear arp cache, restart networking, or ping the
gateway from the server.

Anybody know what can be causing this, each server is on it's own vlan, the
KVM unit that's also having this problem is on it's own vlan, none of the
other few hundred servers on the other 2950's are having this problem.

--

~Shaun