[c-nsp] Software forced crash on 2651XM/12.3(6e)

Church, Chuck cchurch at multimax.com
Wed Sep 27 17:54:24 EDT 2006

Cisco makes it pretty simple by organizing their code by 'GD', 'ED', or
'LD'.  If what you're running isn't GD, and you get a 'software forced
crash', then upgrading to the latest version of that train is probably
the easiest, and most likely method to get it resolved.  If you're
running GD and still get an error, then you might want to check bug
navigator or open a TAC case.  Of course, test for a couple days in a
limited deployment or lab whatever version you decide to try.  It all
comes down to the amount of time you have.  Downloading a new image and
installing it is probably a lot less time consuming (and costly) than
calling TAC, exchanging emails/phone calls, etc.  Only to be told
upgrade to something newer anyway.  From what I understand, 'software
forced crashes' and 'bus error' type things are usually software bugs.

Chuck