[c-nsp] new 8-port 10 G bade

Arnold Nipper arnold at nipper.de
Thu Sep 28 05:28:57 EDT 2006

On 28.09.2006 04:38 Jared Mauch wrote

> 	Btw, these cards are overscribed, only the 2x20G to the
> fabric.  So you can really only expect 40G out of them, not 80G.
>
> 	It's not a solution to the lack of 100G, sorry :(

afaik the new C6513-E will be able to support 80Gbps backplane. Though
you still will have to wait for SupXXXX to support it.

Regarding 100G. When do you expect teh standard to be ready? Afaik the
WG just kicked-off ... From ethernet history 100G *should* have been
available *now*. But also keep in mind that Ethetnet technology is only
growing by 37% per year while Internet traffic is growing my 100+%

Arnold, AN45