[c-nsp] 10GBase-T (was: new 8-port 10 G bade)

Steve Snodgrass ssnodgra at pheran.com
Thu Sep 28 12:53:17 EDT 2006

On Thu, Sep 28, 2006 at 06:13:59PM +0200, Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists wrote:
> > Looks like the 8-port 10G module uses X2 optics, there was me
> > hoping Cisco would jump on the XFP bandwagon.
>
> They will not do that for LAN modules, because the enterprise
> customers need LX4 (10G over multimode). They do use XFP on the
> SPAs.

Speaking of enterprise 10G, does anyone know when/if Cisco plans to offer
10GBase-T PHYs (X2 or otherwise) now that the standard is finalized?
They would have been nice for a recent case where I ended up using CX4.

--
Steve Snodgrass * ssnodgra at pheran.com * Network and Unix Guru(?) at Large
"If you want to be somebody else, change your mind."  -Sister Hazel