[c-nsp] Software forced crash on 2651XM/12.3(6e)

Asbjorn Hojmark - Lists lists at hojmark.org
Thu Sep 28 13:48:31 EDT 2006

>> Not to pick on you Rodney.....but I'd like to better
>> understand why this statement gets uttered so much. For those
>> of us in large enterprises (maybe the smaller ones too), code
>> upgrades are rarely permitted on whim.

> You hear it because it's a good choice for a lot of customers.
> Honestly as crazy as it may sound more customers "want" to
> upgrade to see if it fixes a problem than there are that do
> not.

Honestly, I've frequently seen that attitued... within TAC. And
they, apparently, get it from... the BUs.

More often that not, you get the "Try to upgrade. It might fix
it"-answer, and if you complain about that, you get the "But if
this turns out to be a bug, I'll never get a fix for that version
from the BU"-answer or maybe even the "I'll never get a developer
convinced to troubleshoot that version"-answer.

> At the end of the day it's up to the customer what they do.

"Otherwise I can't help you".

-A