[c-nsp] WCCP and SQUID fragmanted packets

Raymond Macharia rmacharia at gmail.com
Sat Sep 30 15:05:32 EDT 2006

Hello,

I have been trying to get my squid boxes to work with WCCP and I am
getting truncated (

truncated-ip - 16340 bytes missing)
 packets once the session establishes and the redirection starts.
This used to work on Cisco 3640 routers with IOS version 12.2-6. However I
have had to move the WCCP to 7204 VXR and 3725 and this is when my problem
began.
Based on research I have done it seems that the newer IOS images do not
support WCCP with squid well. I have tried several IOS images with no change
at all on this two platforms
specificaly I have tried the 12.3 T versions and 12.4 T versions and service
provider versions as well, all in all 15 IOS images of the varying releases.
Has anyone faced this issue out there

--
Raymond