[c-nsp] 3750 acting as a hub - resolved

Adrian Chadd adrian at creative.net.au
Mon Apr 2 21:13:49 EDT 2007

On Mon, Apr 02, 2007, Matt Addison wrote:
> What're your ARP/mac address timers? We've seen similar issues to this on 3550/3750s when we were still running an asymmetric routing setup, and the switch still had an ARP entry for a device, but the MAC address had expired.

And to help those who might come 'ere via the mailing list archives:

"Unicast flooding in switched campus networks"

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/hw/switches/ps700/products_tech_note09186a00801d0808.shtml

(Which may or may not be the OP's problem but it nicely describes Matt's response.)

2c,

Adrian