[c-nsp] Catalyst 3550 VRF-lite problems

Tom Zingale (tomz) tomz at cisco.com
Tue Apr 3 14:58:19 EDT 2007

The Catalyst 3550 requires that you configure an extended-match SDM
template before you can use VRF-lite, policy-based routing, or WCCP
support.  Extended-match is available for the default, access, and
routing templates.  You will also need to reboot the switch after
changing the SDM template before the new template can take effect.

   sdm prefer {access | default | routing} extended-match

The VRF route was not added to hardware because extended-match template
was not implemented.

The document outlines this:
http://www.cisco.com/univercd/cc/td/doc/product/lan/c3550/12225seb/scg/s
wiprout.htm#wp1206101

console/syslog, not
> the terminal which issued it, let alone allow the command to actually
> succeed
> and then totally fry the crap out of some of the switch's internal
data
> structures (I guess, the TCAM).

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/customer/products/hw/switches/ps628/products_
syst
> em_message_guide_chapter09186a00805e0b19.html#wp1292555
> suggests that up to 7 VRFs should be supported, and I had no other
VRFs