[c-nsp] Policy Based Routing Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Apr 3 15:22:44 EDT 2007

Hi folks...

I'm looking for some input on policy based routing...

We are installing a Cisco 3640 at a customer site (Site A)in a few weeks
time.  In the 3640 will be a pair of T1's load balanced towards another 3640
in one of our remote locations (Site B).  Also connected to the 3640 at the
customer site (Site A) is a pair of ADSL bridged connections connected back
to our main location (Site C) where they appear as individual VLAN's on
ethernet.

In between Sites B-A and C-A and B-C is OSPF if that matters....

What I want to do is take specific traffic originating from Site B and have
it routed via Site A.  Other traffic I want to route via Site C
specifically.  Both inbound and outbound traffic must take the same path
based on the policies.  The final portion I need is that if the link from
Site B to C for example goes down I want the traffic to be dynamically
routed from B to A (which then connects to C anyways).

Can I do this with policy based routing? ;)

Thanks,

Paul Stewart