[c-nsp] Policy Based Routing Question

Paul Stewart paul at paulstewart.org
Tue Apr 3 16:12:09 EDT 2007

Thanks Roland...

Site C is the ultimate destination of all traffic (our core network).  There
is no BGP involved, only OSPF.  The solution is totally within our IP space
and managed by ourselves.

The T1's will be loadbalanced via CEF/OSPF.  The same load balancing applies
on the dual ADSL link as well (forgot to mention that earlier).  Load
balanced on both sides of both links.

The reason for wanting this traffic manipulated is that we are providing
voice and data services.  The voice services should take a primary route via
the T1's and the data services should take a primary route via the ADSL
connections.   The thought was to have one router onsite combining all the
traffic so that if there was an outage, we could dynamically re-route
traffic versus having the voice and data totally separate.  To clarify the
voice portion, it is VOIP on the T1's, not PRI ;)

Since all the voice traffic originates and terminates from one particular IP
on our core network I was hoping to do this via IP address or subnet.

Thanks in advance,

Paul