[c-nsp] IOS Recomendation for 7200VXR NSE-1

Rodney Dunn rodunn at cisco.com
Wed Apr 4 10:03:27 EDT 2007

If you hit a bug we will not fix it.
If most of your work is control plane it doesn't buy you anything
becuase it's all punted.

If it's just raw IP with no features then leave it on as you will
get better forwarding performance. If you start a bunch of fancy
features and start seeing odd things turn it off. If it goes away
it's a bug and it will not be fixed for that processor.

I should have put that context around it.

If the features you have work in the PXF path with that particular
processor (same thing goes for a 7401) then use it as you will get
more forwarding performance.

I was trying to prevent a problem. Shame on me. :)

Rodney