[c-nsp] OSPF interoperability with ME6524 and RS15800

Hiromasa Sekiguchi hiromasa.sekiguchi at ctc-g.co.jp
Fri Apr 6 05:58:12 EDT 2007

Hello,

Thank you for your e-mail.

This phenomenon could reproduce in our lab.

> What is the output of the commands:
> RS15800# show ip ospf retransmission-list GE0/0/4
> ME6524# show ip ospf retransmission-list Ge1/25

We try to get the above in our lab.

> If you have 2 links with equal cost then the traffic is load-balanced.
> What do you meen by "then, we have no works" ?  If you have problems
> with one link you still must have OSPF neighbors in FULL state on the
> operational one?
>
> What is the output of the commands:
> RS15800#sh ip ospf neighbor
> when you have problems ?

The OSPF status is still FULL.
It doesn't changed.

> Did you try to eliminate layer 1 issues ? Change patch cords, modules or
> switch ports ? Did you see any errors on this ports ?
>
> What is the output of the commands:
> RS15800#sh int GE0/0/4 | i err
> ME6524#sh int Ge1/25 | i err

We checked our lab and custoemr network, there were no layer 1 issues.

> Just currious: did you use MPLS traffic on this links ?

No.

+--------+GE1/25        GE0/0/4+---------+GE0/0/0
          <------- OSPF ------->          <---- MPLS cloud

           Area 0.0.0.1 ------->          <---- Area 0.0.0.0

The two links don't use MPLS-TE and OSPF-TE.
The RS15800 work OSPF ABR between area 0.0.0.0 and 0.0.0.1 .

The uplink of RS15800(GE0/0/0) use MPLS-TE and OSPF-TE.

Regards,
Hiromasa