[c-nsp] 6509 / 3750 link problem

Brad Henshaw brad.henshaw at qcn.com.au
Mon Apr 9 19:41:43 EDT 2007

Glenn,

In addition to the other suggestions, I noticed the following in your
output:

Your side:
Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, media type is LH

Their side:
Full-duplex, 1000Mb/s, link type is force-up, media type is 1000BaseLX
SFP

It's possible they've set 'speed nonegotiate' on their gig port. If so,
get them to remove this config on their end to allow autonegotiation
(which I always prefer for fibre links) or disable autonegotiation on
your end to match. Some Cisco gear won't bring a fibre link up by
default if autonegotiation isn't playing.

Regards,
Brad