[c-nsp] 802.1q - Max Number of Subinterfaces

Michael K. Smith - Adhost mksmith at adhost.com
Thu Apr 12 14:20:04 EDT 2007

Hello:

VLANs
> that
> various pieces of equipment support.
>
> Will a 7206VXR suffice for this purpose?  Is there unit better suited
> and
> possibly less cost?

Something to be aware of is the per-interface sub-interface limits for
the various cards.  Perhaps someone has a pointer to an official Cisco
document, but I *think* almost all of the FE/GE interfaces on the
7200-series support up to 256 sub-interfaces.  Thus, you'd have to have
multiple interfaces to hit the chassis limit.

Regards,

Mike