[c-nsp] vlan configuration for video system

Dan dan at technc.com
Thu Apr 12 16:25:46 EDT 2007

Hello

We are implementing a video conferencing system on our system and I was
wondering  if anyone had recommendations for how to setup the vlan's for
data/video/voice.

We currently have one 3560 in each of the buildings and 2-10 2960's
behind the 3560.  All of the buildings are connected via wireless bridges.

Should I create a separate vlan for voice, video, data, and management
in each building?

If I do create a separate vlan for each piece, how do the switches know
how to put say a video device on the video vlan when its connected on
the switch?

If there are any other suggestions please let me know as I'm open to any
options so I can make this system easy to manage and work well.

Thanks,
Dan.