[c-nsp] Cisco load balancers with SSL offload

Marcin Mazurek M.Mazurek at netsync.pl
Mon Apr 16 14:01:47 EDT 2007

Gert Doering (gert at greenie.muc.de) napisał(a):

> Hi,
>
> thanks a lot to all who answered.
>
> Indeed, there is lots of different variants to choose from...
>
> (I assume that both the CSM and the ACE can do SSL "out of the box", and
> you just need to have the right license, that is, "don't buy extra
> doughter cards"?)

CSM dosn't support SSL offload, ACE does. With CSM You may use SSL
offload module, separate blade for cat6.

I would skip CSM as ACE is next generation product (contexts, TCP
offload, active-active also per context, many more).

You may want to take a look at F5 and Juniper products, nice feature are
rules that You can check You traffic in L7 without significant
performance decrease.

br

--
Marcin Mazurek

http://www.netsync.pl/  -  ::::  -  nic-hdl: MM3380-RIPE
GnuPG 6687 E661 98B0 AEE6 DA8B  7F48 AEE4 776F 5688 DC89