[c-nsp] SNMP & IPv6 (WAS: Re: How to monitor BGP sessions)

Trent Lloyd lathiat at bur.st
Tue Apr 17 19:11:42 EDT 2007

Howdy,

Antonio Querubin wrote:
> On Tue, 17 Apr 2007, Robert Boyle wrote:
>
>> The MIB is:
>>
>> 1.3.6.1.2.1.15.3.1.2.a.b.c.d
>>
>> where a.b.c.d is the IP address of your BGP neighbor.
>
> Anyone know how the 'a.b.c.d' is mapped for an IPv6 BGP neighbor?  I've
> got a bunch of such neighbors but doing an snmpwalk through that OID
> subtree returns only entries that resemble IPv4 octets - some of which
> aren't even configured as actual IPv4 neighbors.

Yeh I've noticed that too (weird IPv4 octets for IPv6 peers).

In a related topic, I am trying to figure out if there is SNMP for IPv6
routes, equivalent to 'ipRouteTable'.

I am running 12.4(8) on a 7200.

Some hunting around has led me to try "ipCidrRouteTable" and
"inetCidrRouteTable" of which the former returns similar information,
but only for IPv4, and the latter doesn't return anything on this image.

Anyone know if I can get this info, if its not supported, I need a newer
image to do this, etc?

Cheers,
Trent