[c-nsp] Log message PM_SCP-SP-2-LCP_FW_ERR_INFORM

Sukumar Subburayan sukumars at cisco.com
Wed Apr 18 09:47:28 EDT 2007

This is not something to worry about much, given the fact this msg happend
on a shutdown port.

We keep monitoring various broadcast suppression (ie storm control) bits
in the ASIC and if there is a mismatch between what is software
configuration and the hardware, we correct it and also print a syslog
message.

In your case, there was some of these registers bits  that were not
consistent with software configuration (probably some bug between
software and hardware state for shutdown ports).

I don't know why we even print syslog message for this as it is not
needed. There is no user notification needed, as it is an internal
firmware register monitoring mechanism.

sukumar