[c-nsp] Session based QoS policies on 12.2SB

Robert Blayzor rblayzor at inoc.net
Wed Apr 18 13:55:21 EDT 2007

I'm trying to understand the limitations of per session QoS policies on
PPPoX sessions using 12.2SB on a 7200 NPE-G1. (both Ethernet and ATM PVC's)

I can get policies applied from RADIUS, but the only option that seems
to work is traffic policing.  Anything that I try to setup to use
"bandwidth" or "priority" queuing doesn't seem to work.  When attempting
to use a policy-map that contains any type of priority queuing, I get
the following error from AAA authorization debugging:

Apr 18 17:16:46.409: %SW_MGR-3-CM_ERROR_FEATURE_CLASS: Connection
Manager Feature Error: Class SSS: (QoS) - install error, ignore.

Cisco session based QoS link:

http://www.cisco.com/en/US/products/ps6566/products_feature_guide09186a0080610dad.html

TIA

--
Robert Blayzor, BOFH
INOC, LLC

Never trust a program unless you have the source.