[c-nsp] Cisco load balancers with SSL offload

R.L. Nevot r.nevot at gmail.com
Wed Apr 18 16:38:35 EDT 2007

day to dat working with old CCS 11154, from version 5.1 to the last issued
(think they are now with 6.1), and had issues regarding VRRP (taking both
control of services although there was communication between them),
missbehaviours with ACLs, with sticky-srcip parameter, etc.

We also have a brand new 11506 with ssl module, and sometimes its fiber
interfaces stop processing traffic suddenly. Last version of software and
replaced several times the fiber modules, now it's stable.

The CLI is embarrassing, has several errors, commands that are misspelled
(try to do advanced-balance and then try to make no advanced-balance...),
poor SNMP administration...

In fact, I was very happy with CSS11154 'til I had opportunity to test F5...
CSS11506, with its difficult to understand way to configure SSL-proxys, made
my day...

regards