[c-nsp] how to make all traffic flow through central node in MPLS-VPN?

Phil Bedard philxor at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 14:05:41 EDT 2007

I thought I read somewhere that the half-duplex VPN feature could only
be configured on a virtual template interface?

You can use different RT values for the upstream routes versus the
downstream routes
coming from the hub.  At the hub PE, you export the hub routes with a
"hub" RT, and import routes
with the "spoke" RT.   At the  PE connected to the spoke CE, you
import only the hub RT, and export
routes with the "spoke" RT.    Most examples I've seen of this use
two different VRFs on the PE the hub
connects to, one upstream and one downstream.

An issue comes up when you have two CE sites connected to the same
PE, you need to
put them into different VRFs, which isn't a great solution when you
have a ton of them
on a single PE.

Phil