[c-nsp] CPU load on 7206 with 1200 DSL users

Charles Hardin chardin at centurytel.net
Fri Apr 20 18:10:45 EDT 2007

Just for an FYI, I've got 8k active PPPoE sessions terminating on a Cisco
NPE-G1. We generally terminate ATM OC3 into these devices while running
OSPF as the primary IGP for route propagation. I'm seeing around 40% max
CPU usage on this box currently running under this load for PPPoE. In
comparison, I've seen one of our Cisco NPE VXR400's running at 3500 active
PPPoE sessions at about 48% max CPU utilization.

Thanks,
Charles