[c-nsp] New hardware choose help needed

Dale Shaw dale.shaw+cisco-nsp at gmail.com
Fri Apr 20 21:15:39 EDT 2007

Hi Dmitriy,

On 4/16/07, Dmitriy Sirant <lex at init.net.ua> wrote:
>      WS-SUP720  Catalyst 6500 / Cisco 7600 Supervisor 720 Fabric MSFC3
> PFC3A 1

Consider WS-SUP720-3B instead. It's the same price and the -3B version
has PFC3B which has a number of benefits (incl. hardware-based MPLS,
ACL hit counters, netflow improvements, sucks less power).

Also, I'm not sure there's much point in running DFC3CXL line cards
with a non-3BXL Sup720. I mean, you won't get the full benefit. The
chassis will fall back to lowest common denominator (correct me if I'm
wrong?).

Don't forget attenuators (WS-X6K-5DB-ATT=) for ER links < 20km.

cheers,
Dale