[c-nsp] G.703 Unstable behavior

Junaid junaid.x86 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 03:18:16 EDT 2007

Hi,

I am having serious issues with G.703 WAN cards installed in cisco routers
(3845,2600,3640). The underlying media is E1 and the other end is
PA-MCX-8TE1 or PA-MC-8TE1 (on cisco 7200). The problem I am facing is that
the interfaces flap a lot. I have tested the media thoroughly and found it
very stable. However, when the E1 is terminated on router (G.703), the
serial interface flaps - not continously but around 10-15 times in 24 hours.
Similar behaviour is depipcted by all such installations. One of our guesses
was that this was due to grounding issue but one of our sites has got very
stable grounding but it is still shows this behavior. Also, if we use E1 via
a Pandatel converter, the issue disappears.

Any idea what the issue could be? Does any of you have a similar experience
with G.703 modules?

Regards,
Junaid.