[c-nsp] G.703 Unstable behavior

Junaid junaid.x86 at gmail.com
Mon Apr 23 04:01:51 EDT 2007

Hi,

Well, clocking source is line on both ends:

A-Side - (7206VXR)
sh controllers e1 6/7
E1 6/7 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Framing is UNFRAMED, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.
  Service type is Data.
  Active xconns: 0
  Data in current interval (19 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
  Data in Interval 1:
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs
  Total Data (last 1 15 minute intervals):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins,
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

B-Side (2621XM)
sh controllers e1 0/0
E1 0/0 is up.
  Applique type is Channelized E1 - balanced
  No alarms detected.
  alarm-trigger is not set
  Version info Firmware: 20051006, FPGA: 20, spm_count = 0
  Framing is UNFRAMED, Line Code is HDB3, Clock Source is Line.
  CRC Threshold is 320. Reported from firmware  is 320.
  Data in current interval (334 seconds elapsed):
     0 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations
     0 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 0 Line Err Secs, 0 Degraded Mins
     0 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 0 Unavail Secs

<some lines omitted for brevity>

  Total Data (last 24 hours)
     2556 Line Code Violations, 0 Path Code Violations,
     20 Slip Secs, 0 Fr Loss Secs, 1061 Line Err Secs, 1 Degraded Mins,
     1076 Errored Secs, 0 Bursty Err Secs, 0 Severely Err Secs, 2307 Unavail
Secs

I did not specify clock source in the config but I guess clock source is set
to line by default. However, please note that E1s do not start flapping
continously. They work fine for hours, flap once/twice and then back up for
hours again.