[c-nsp] IS-IS or OSPF as IGP?

Jeff Tantsura jeff.tantsura at sscplus.nl
Tue Apr 24 11:10:18 EDT 2007

Hi,

It has to do with protocols design.
For new extensions IS-IS just needs a new TLV while OSPF requires some
serious changes.
>From my observation:
 few years ago most of new features came out first for ISIS
 last year I see some stuff coming for OSPF first:
 flooding of mesh group info for MPLS TE is supported by OSPF only,
 some other stuff as well

Cheers,
Jeff