[c-nsp] LH/LX and Mode Conditioning Cable

Peder @ NetworkOblivion peder at networkoblivion.com
Wed Apr 25 14:05:18 EDT 2007

I know that Cisco says it is required, but does everybody else seem to
agree that you need a mode conditioning cable if you use an LH/LX
GBIC/SFP over multimode fiber?  Or is it a case of "may work, may not
work, YMMV"?

Also, has anybody ever bought SFP's from here?
http://www.memorydealers.com/lxsfpgbforci.html

LH SFP's for $59!  That is really cheap, but it makes me wonder if it is
"too good to be true".  Rather than buy some off vendor, maybe I am
better off buying some used Cisco LH SFP's to save $$.

Peder